Suggestion for Repeat Sections

Discussion for the Navichord App
App Store

Moderator: DenisKutuzov

sj1

Suggestion for Repeat Sections

Postby sj1 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Hi,

I'd like to suggest an enhancement for interacting with sub-sections of chord pad layouts.

Currently the chord pad layouts can be played only from the beginning to the first empty pad.

So, if you had a whole set of pads in order (say, all 16 of them) but for some reason wanted to temporarily play against a smaller loop (let's say 4 of them) you would have to "empty" the 5th pad, losing the information of what was in it. Also, your loop subsection would have to start at Pad #1.

Reasons for playing against a subsection would include: practicing your instrument over a set of chords, "vamping" in live performance, accessing a specific progression from a preset which contains a "library" of progressions, and so forth.

What I think would be ideal is if the user could select and designate one or more arbitrary sequences of pads for musical repeat, with an ability to turn the repeat(s) on/off.

This would support what I think is a very desirable model of building entire songs in the pad sets, but being able to temporarily practice or play over any subset of chords without perturbing at all the song or it's defined sections.

Ideally the UI would allow for repeat section designations and on/off in realtime while a song is playing, but if even if repeat section
designations had to be pre-defined they would still be hugely helpful.

For your consideration ... Cheers!
- Progster

DenisKutuzov
Navichord Developer

Postby DenisKutuzov » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Great idea, I like it! Added to the backlog.

sj1

Postby sj1 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:48 pm

Excellent. Thanks!!
- Progster

Return to “Navichord”